Saturday, October 16, 2010

IntelliGender?

I meant to Post about this Product while I was Pregnant, but kept putting it off because I was either sick or just not feeling like it.lol IntelliGender is a Gender Prediction Test. I hadn't heard of it myself, but my sister had seen it on the Show called-The Doctors. They have that video clip on their website with a few others as well. She also had went to IntelliGenders website to Research about it a little more. She ended up Ordering me a Test for Christmas Just for fun!lol

After she told me about it, I wanted to know how this test WORKED?! SO I got on my laptop and went to http://www.intelligender.com/home.html to check it all out.

It's a Urine test, and very easy to do.
Yellow to orange color = GIRL Smoky green color = BOY

You can use it as early as 10 weeks into your pregnancy (8 weeks post- conception)!


It's 90% accurate. Not 100% but not Bad. This test really to me is Just for Fun and Curiosity.

Here's the Kicker Though- What affects accuracy?
The variables that affect accuracy of the test results are the use of first morning urine (at least 2.5 hours from last void), consuming excessive amounts of liquid within three hours of performing the test, shaking the test versus swirling, not disturbing the test during the 10 minute wait period, having unprotected sex within 48 hours prior to taking the test. Also, pregnant women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS) are most likely to receive a BOY result so the test is not able to accurately predict the proper gender. Women taking Progesterone are recommended not to take the test while on Progesterone unless the test is taken after 10 days from last dose.

Thank you Infertility! I have PCOS. I was good as for as the Progesterone went because I was way PAST 10 days from my last dose. (you'll most likely get a Boy Result from PCOS because we often have Too Much Male Hormones)

Anyway After it Arrived in the mail I was not so Excited, as I thought to Myself- I'll probably get a Boy result whether its a Girl or Boy. But I took it, and I had a Girl Results! Then we all thought this is probably Right since I have PCOS and it didn't pick up a Boy result. A few weeks later My Curiosity got the best of me, and I went to CVS Pharmacy and bought another test. Girl results Again!

SO in truth I had a big clue I was carrying a Girl, before the Big Ultrasound.lol

It worked out that this test was Accurate for me. But if I took it, and had a boy results I would still wonder if it was wrong because the Fact I have PCOS. Even on the Outside of the Box it says- Not recommended for women with PCOS.

It's a Bit Pricey, so I would not recommended to to anyone if they felt it wasn't worth their time and money. Like I said before its really just fun for curiosity. Just wanted to share my Experience with this, and see if others have heard of it.

Hope you all are well! I hope to see allot More BFP's these next few months and in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment