Saturday, March 21, 2009

PCOS...





The symptoms of PCOS include, but are not limited to the following:

.irregular or no menstrual periods
.acne
.obesity/weight gain/inability to lose weight
.breathing problems while sleeping
.depression
.oily skin
.infertility
.skin discolorations
.high cholesterol levels
.elevated blood pressure
.excess or abnormal hair growth and distribution
.pain in the lower abdomen and pelvis
.multiple ovarian cysts
.skin tags




Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I've been taking care of my mama, she had her wisdom teeth cut out this week. Anyway I was board and found this pic above of a Polycycstic Ovary(PCOS) & a Normal Ovary. I've gotten to see my Ovaries on ultra sound twice.. The first time a nurse did it and I didn't really know what I was looking at, but the 2nd time my Dr did it and he said.. see how ot looks like theres a beaded necklace around your ovaries... That's your polycystic Ovaries.

So that was interesting to me to see that and have him explain it some to me:) I like to be able to picture things in my head..lol He then said that I was a great candidate for IVF again and he thought it would work really well.. And that it would be easy to over stimulate me, so I won't have to use as many drugs. Also because we won't need as many Eggs because dh and I will not allow them to discard any of our "Live Embryos". Please don't judge me... We are both very "Pro Life" and believe that life starts when the sperm meets the egg.. Like I said please don't judge me, this is just our beliefs and convictions.. And I can promise you all that I will not judge you.. I'm not God.. I only have to do what is right for me & answer for myself..

Anyway is so very late at night and I'm super tired. In fact I'm so tired that it actually hurts..lol No sane person should be up this late..lol Good night and God Bless you all

3 comments:

  1. Not judging you, you need to do what you feel is right for you and DH. Good that the Dr thinks you are a good candidate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm extremely Pro-Life as well and wholeheartedly agree with your stance. Even if I wasn't Pro-Life or didn't understand I don't think I'd judge you for your decision anyway. It's your body and your embryos!

    I also have PCOS and that picture is interesting. It definitely helps me visualize things better as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through another blog. I'm also a Christian woman and I love to find other Christian women going through infertility. I hope it's okay I continue to follow your journey. :)

    I went through IVF and COMPLETELY agree with your "pro-life". I had a rare experience where we had 4 eggs fertilize, but they failed to continue to divide and didn't survive. I know a lot of people wouldn't think those were babies, but to me, we definitely lost 4 babies and I can't wait to meet them in heaven.

    Anyway, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. :)

    Good luck in your journey! I'll be praying and thinking of you!

    (((HUGS)))

    Tammy
    www.twondra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete